Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Relief Society Blessings

Tonight I had the opportunity to listen to the Relief Society Broadcast. This broadcast is held the last Saturday in September... only once a year. It is a gathering of sisters from all around the world and we each receive instruction from the leaders of the church and the Relief Society organization. It's a wonderful broadcast. How lucky we are to live in an age where we can hear these important words so easily. I am thankful to be a member of the Relief Society... the world's largest woman's organization. In 1842 the prophet Joseph Smith organized this inspired group. We continue to do the Lord's work. Indeed we are living the motto... Charity Never Faileth.One of my favorite hymns is As Sisters in Zion. It explains what we as sisters of the Relief Society should strive to do and be.
After listening to the broadcast, I am prompted to take my own personal inventory. How am I doing as a "Sister in Zion?" Am I doing all I can? Where can I improve? How thankful I am for a loving Savior who will guide and direct me as I work to do better.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I loved the broadcast too! It just inspires me to do better and gives me the reassurance I can do it!

Sommer said...

What a good post, I always look forword to the broadcasts too, the second counsler was my favorite speaker, she did great.... I was not thrilled with the hour long opening and closing prayers though =)