Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Who'd Have Guessed?

I came across this show a couple weeks ago. For the record, I'm not a huge KISS fan, nor have I ever really been. There are a few songs I like, however, overall it's way too much for me. I was curious as to what I may see from someone like Gene Simmons. I was surprised. While I don't agree with his view of marriage (so far he opposes it even though he's been in a relationship for over 20 years and has two children), I wasn't expecting him to be pretty much "normal." The show is actually interesting. His children are really nice, responsible kids.... well as much as I've seen of them.As usual, my perspective of life changes again. Here's this hard rocker guy... way out there in my view, who is just an everyday guy in "real life." He's not at all what I thought. He's an extremely savvy business man, he doesn't smoke, drink, or gamble (because he hates the idea of not knowing where his money is or how easily it can be lost). He cares deeply for his children and his "life partner," Shannon.

Interesting. Who knew?

No comments: