Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, August 15, 2008

What To Do??


I'm having a terrible time deciding what to do about the upcoming elections. For the first time in my life I truly don't know who I'm going to vote for. There are SO many things at stake. Is it only me, or are there more people feeling the same way as I am? Here's how I feel about things at this point.......


PLUS



EQUALS


The person I used to think I'd vote for isn't proving to be the person I thought he was. I remain concerned about national security more now than ever before. The economy struggles. Fuel prices (and prices of everything else because of fuel costs) have had a HUGE impact on my finances. Lots of people are struggling more.

Who will lead us best? Who has the "most" integrity? And what about experience? Does it matter or is the answer in "new blood" rather than established politics? Does pride in one's country matter? What about religious convictions and personal values? So many questions remain unanswered.

What say you?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Are you looking for real opinions or to vent? For me it's not a decision I love, but one easily made. I fear any president who wants to totally disarm and eventually shut down the military. And stop creating all new technology as well. Where does that leave us? As for the new blood...he'll have no favors for which he can collect and will therefore be ineffectual in my opinion at legislation of any kind whether I agree with it or not. But that's just me.

Beckie said...

I can't imagine what the next four years of our nation's legislation is going to be like. I am struggling with decisions and am disappointed on every turn.

Jamie said...

Andy and I have been trying to study to make an informed decision, but it is a tough one. It seems like so much more is at stake this election, like everything is stagnant, just waiting for the outcome.