Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nice Surprise

Yesterday I received a phone call from my aunt asking for my sister's phone number. I thought perhaps Aunt Betty was trying to call Cindy to relay some information about one of our uncles whose health is declining. Instead she told me that one of my cousins was in town and they were going over to see Cindy for a little while before he headed back to California. I couldn't pass by the chance to see him too.

Steve is the second born son of my Uncle Gene (who is my mother's brother). He is such a sweetheart! Uncle Gene passed away in 1991 and the last time I saw Steve was at his funeral in Utah. It's hard to believe how many years have passed. Anyway, Steve lives close to Sacramento, is a podiatrist, and the married father of three sons and one daughter.... ranging in age from 23 to 14.

We only got to visit for about an hour but it was great. It's so much fun seeing relatives and being able to talk as equals. I truly enjoyed seeing him and hope to keep in touch with him. I gave him all my "contact" info.... now it's up to him to get in touch when "time" permits. Steve, it you're reading this, don't think for a second that I'm pressuring you.... I'd NEVER do such an underhanded thing like put a challenge on the internet or anything like that. Ok, maybe I would.
Here we all are.... Aunt Betty, Cindy, Uncle Don, Steve, and me. What a great looking group of people! Isn't family the best!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Family is the best and your so blessed to have them around! :-)

Beckie said...

Yeah family is great. I hope that you get to stay in contact.