Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, September 30, 2007

I have a new job. I started working at the Heritage Senior Center in Dover a week ago Thursday (the 21st). I am the new Activities Coordinator. That means I get to plan the activities that the folks want to do at the Center. The job truly dropped into my lap and within days I was hired. So far I'm loving it. This is a very active and fast paced center. All members must be over 60 and it's amazes me how much fun they have. They are by no means "slowing down" in their senior years. At least not that I've seen.

Just for the record, NO, I haven't completely stopped doing Home Healthcare. I still have three private cases. These are people I've been with for an extended period of time and I just couldn't let them go. Three days a week I work for 9 hours, the other two days I work 11 hours. Emile and Brie are being very supportive and helping get supper ready on the "long" days. I start something in the Crockpot before I leave in the morning and Emile finishes it before I get home in the evening. It's wonderful having children old enough to pitch in now.

Our motto at the center is "Heritage Senior Center... Where Seniors Come to Grow." I have a feeling I'm going to learn and grow a lot through this experience. Who knows where it may take me. At long last I have a job with some benefits and growth opportunities. Happy Me!

No comments: