Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Beach Bum

My Emile is a total BEACH BUM!!! I mean she's a hard core, love the sand and water, fall asleep on the beach kind of BUM! I'm not sure where she got that considering her gene pool. Her dad has never been to the beach. I've gone enough times to know it's not my favorite place to hang out. I get burnt every time and enough with the sand in my pants already.
Emile on the other hand can't get enough of the shore. She loves everything about it. I must admit I see another side of Em when we go to the shore.... she's much more relaxed and "in touch" with everything. The first week in August she was invited to go to Bethany Beach with a friend from school. She had a blast! If you look closely you'll see Em. She's the head on the left. I guess she's somewhat "mastered" swimming in the ocean. More than I can say myself.
Of course what's trip to the beach without doing some shopping and spending time on the boardwalk? Emile brought me home a cool magnet (you all know I collect them from everyone and everywhere), and for Brie a pair of earrings. How thoughtful. She really is a great kid.
Happy summer trip to the shore. This was Emile's last trip for the summer. She went three times. Me, once! That was enough. Thanks Carly for inviting Emile. She had a great time and I was thrilled to allow her the time away from all the family responsibilies I put on her. I know how important it is for her to have some "down time" and just be a kid. Thanks again.

No comments: