Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, October 6, 2007

A New Day

Today was the first day of the 177th Semiannual Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was sure to be an eventful session due to the recent death of President Faust. As members of the church we were awaiting news on who would replace him as Second Counselor in the First Presidency. We got our answer today.Elder Henry B. Eyring (pictured on the right) is now the new Second Counselor. When his name was read in for a sustaining vote, I had a chill run through my body and tears welled up in my eyes. How wonderful it is that we can receive our own personal revelation as to the truthfulness of the gospel and the leaders therein. I knew without a doubt that President Eyring is truly called of God to this position. Replacing Elder Eyring in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is Elder Quentin L. Cook (pictured on the left).

I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of the gospel and its truthfulness. I'm grateful for the "house of order" which exists. I know we are led by a living prophet and this is truly Jesus Christ's church; that he leads and directs his church through his appointed leaders. Yes it's a new day, however, the basic functions of the church have not been interrupted or put into a state of disarray during this time of change. All is as it should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same experience. I love the gospel! :-)