Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, June 9, 2007

A Crappy Situation

We all have adventures in our lives, right. Well this past week my adventure had to do with a clogged sewage pipe in my basement. How Nice! It all started last Sunday evening when I did a load of laundry. Ok, all you people who believe that it's because of the fact I did laundry on Sunday I had the problem, get it out of your system now... say "we told you so" and we'll move on. Everyone feel better? Ok, on to the rest of the story.

Friday evening (a week ago) we had some really nasty storms... I mean really nasty. It poured for hours. On Saturday we had the rain from Tropical Storm Barry come through. I guess the combination of rain plus everything else we put down our drains was too much and you guessed it... a back up happened.

I used the plunger Sunday night, Monday evening... and by Tuesday morning I had poopies coming up in the basement. Again, how nice. Needless to say my efforts weren't working very well. I did have some drainage going through so I thought I'd be able to work it out eventually. I was wrong... big surprise, right? I even enlisted my sister, Cindy, in the struggle to right a wrong. No luck there either. I was beginning to think I was going to be defeated by poop.

Along came my HERO..... Tibbs to the rescue.

Bless his heart, Brother Tibbs (I never call him "Brother" but for this I will) came over for my birthday dinner with his wife, Diane (Tibbsette). When I explained the problem he told me and Cindy if we couldn't get it clear to let him know. Believe it our not, he came over last evening and worked for almost 3 hours to get everything running again. I felt so sorry for him.... it wasn't the most pleasant job. He didn't grumble at all. What a relief to have it fixed.

For the record... for those of you who know Tibbs, you know what kind of a true "gentle" man he is. For those who have not had the pleasure of getting to know him, let me tell you a little about who he is. He is the kind of man all men should strive to be like. He is kind, generous, non-judgemental, tender, loving, honest, decent, upstanding, and sweet. He is the "dad" I always wished I had. He is a wonderful example to many, including me. He makes me feel I can stand a little taller... that I have value, that I am a good person. He is blessed to have a terrific wife and two great daughters, too. All of which helps make him who he is. He really is my hero.

So Tibbs, if you should happen to read this.... thanks so very much for all you do. Not just for the crappy job you took care of last evening, but for the many other things you do. I hope the things I do (and actions I take) will be things which bring a smile to your face... that make you as glad to know me as I am truly priviledged to know you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that your comment about "we told you so" BETTER NOT be aimed at me, Chica, because WE had just finished watching a movie on a SUNDAY night as part of MY birthday!! Sometimes you can be so defensive...... but, hey, we all have our CRAP to deal with -- get it? huh? Glad your plumbing is working again!! :]

You Know Who

Anonymous said...

Actually it really wasn't aimed at you at all.... truly. I hadn't thought about the movie part.. but that's true when you come to think of it. No, it was aimed at other people who are the type who think the sky falls on Sunday if you look up at it instead of going to church. See you soon. Me