Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Terminator

I have a terrible problem with poison ivy. I also happen to have a very lovely poison ivy plant growing in my back yard. Two years ago I got such a severe case of poison that I had to go on Prednisone to get rid of it. It was terrible. I was determined to never go through that again. I avoided the area of the yard with the ivy like the plague. This year the plant really took off... I mean it was getting HUGE.. and spreading all through the lilac bush. Enough was enough. Send in the big guns... EMILE.










First she weed whacked, then she applied the poison. She sprayed everything until it was dripping... even the lilac bush since the ivy is all through it. A month has passed and all the ivy is dead... the bush is still in the process of dying. We actually have to spray it again before we can cut it down and get rid of the stump. If we don't more ivy will grow back. It's nasty stuff.. you can't get soft on it. You have to stand your ground if you really want to defeat it... and defeat it Emile will!!!

2 comments:

Donsher said...

I was told to put bleach on the poison ivy the minute you see it on your skin. It will take it right away! my friend is deathly allergic to the stuff and she uses the bleach every time and it works great. if you are interested in how much and how often let me know and i'll talk to her.
are you guys coming out this summer?

Anonymous said...

I remember having that done when I was a child and we vacationing in PA.. we lived in UT at the time. It was the worse experience of my life. I think we put the bleach on full strength and left it on too soon. It was terrible... it burnt so bad. I've never tried it since. I was too afraid. Yes, you can send me the details. Perhaps it works great if it's done right. Brenda