Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, February 15, 2007

SWEETHEART STORM


Here it is, SNOW!!! We finally got our first real snow of the season. The weather guys are calling it the Sweetheart Storm because of its arrival on Feb. 13th into the 14th. We got 7.3 inches of snow but that wasn't the problem. The ice is. It's terrible. We started out with snow which turned over to sleet, then freezing rain for 6 hours or so, then back to snow. It's been SO HARD trying to clean the walks and driveway because of how hard the crust is and how heavy everything is.
Emile and Brie worked most of the day trying to get snow cleared. I made sure they had hot cocoa and a hardy lunch and supper for their efforts, not to mention the money Emile earned. Brie gave out much earlier than Em did. I can't blame her. I tried going out a few times at which point Em reminded me of all the progress made with my back. She's right. If I were to fall or strain my back I'd be back to square one. For those who don't know, I had 3 pelvic fractures, left hip and lower left back injuries as well as permanent nerve damage to my left side due to a serious car crash we were in 4 years ago last month. When the weather is like this I still walk with a cane . I can't afford to fall.











Here's Brie catching a snowflake on her tongue on the 13th as the storm was just getting started, and Em taking a break from shoveling on the 14th. Aren't they just the cutest things you've seen!! Now you can see why I love them so much. They really are wonderful daughters, even though I get irritated with them at times I wouldn't trade them for anything. Thanks for all your hard work today. I truly appreciate it.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

No comments: