Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, July 29, 2011

Tibby Had A Birthday!

July 24th is a very important day. It's Pioneer Day... the day in which the LDS saints reached the Salt Lake valley and began a new life. A life in which they could worship as they believed, without the fear of persecution and violence being perpetrated against them. Growing up in the west, I came to love this special day.

In addition to the 24th being Pioneer Day, it's also the birthday of our dear friend, Larry Tibbs. He's a sweetheart of a man. I called his wife, Diana, and asked if she had anything planned for his birthday. Since she didn't I asked if they'd like to come over for dinner. She accepted and we had a very fun evening.I grilled chicken, made a potato salad, baked beans, zucchini bread, and instead of a birthday cake, I made a pecan pie (it was Tibby's request).I was thrilled about how well it turned out since it was the first time I'd ever made a pecan pie.
 
Posted by Picasa

It really was pretty and tasted good (yes, I sampled a little sliver... literally).Just as we were finishing our meal, the missionaries knocked on the door. They ended up joining us for the remainder of the celebration. It was a lot of fun.HAPPY 78TH BIRTHDAY, TIBBY!!!
heheheheehe.
We love you.

No comments: