Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Very Busy Life

I was just looking over my blog and something jumped out at me. I haven't been posting as much as I used to (at least not in the month of July). I was trying to figure out why, and it dawned on me that since my surgery, I've gotten very busy. That's a good thing. I'll see if I can't get caught up.

First of all I'm back to work on a new case. I've been working for about five weeks now. After a very frustrating turn of events with a former client, I requested to be assigned to a new case. I positively love the case I'm on now. I feel as if I'm part of a care team and can actually do things which will give my client a better chance of having a fulfilling future. Due to HIPAA I cannot comment further, but I can say I truly enjoy the work I'm doing.Another thing I've been doing is de-cluttering the house. I've been going through stuff and throwing things away. I've even started getting rid of my old "fat clothes" that I've already outgrown. I never want those sizes in my house again. What a fun feeling. It's neat seeing the progress I'm making around the house. I've got plenty left to do, but at least I'm off to a good start.

I'm still walking on a regular basis. I started off a little too fast and had gotten up to a mile in the morning and 1/2 a mile in the evening. That only lasted a few days before I had a major flair up in my left hip from our car accident 8 years ago. I really had to back off, in fact I wasn't actually able to walk for almost a week. I started again, only this time I went a little slower. I'm back up to a mile but it took me longer to get there. That's ok though. The idea is to continue to exercise.Due to my weight loss, I've also had to start taking some of my clothes in. I've also been mending things that have needed repair for a long time now. Another item to check off of my "To Do" list. Yay.I suppose the last thing I'll mention in this post is the weather. It's been H-H-H! Hazy, Hot, and Humid. Yuck, YUCK, YUCK!!!! It has been so oppressive that I haven't even let Samantha out for more than a few minutes at a time. I don't want anything bad to happen to her.That pretty much brings me up to date. Of course other things have happened, but for now this is enough to let people know I'm still alive and kicking. I'm off for now.

No comments: