Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, August 26, 2011

Three Months and Counting

Here it is. Today is my third anniversary. What a difference 12 weeks has made. I'm feeling like I'm actually beginning to live again. I've done things in the last couple weeks that I haven't been able to do in years! I actually weigh less now than I have in over 13 years. How cool is that!??! The pictures aren't necessarily the best because my digital camera was stolen, however, I had Em take these a few minutes ago with her phone. It's very important for me to document my transition.I am feeling better than I can imagine. My A1C is 5.5. That means I'm no longer diabetic. My cholesterol levels are even better than they were before (at the high end of acceptable before surgery), and all my labs that Dr. Monk ordered came back just fine. I can walk a mile and a quarter in 21 minutes.. and I'm about ready to move up to a mile and a half. Once I'm down another 20 pounds or so, I'm going to start jogging a little. I'm not a big fan of running, however, I still want to do a little for the aerobic exercise. In a nut shell... I'm doing terrific! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Heather said...

omg! You look great. I hardly recognized you :)

Sommer said...

You look amazing! I am so proud of you, keep up the great work!