Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Daphne's Got A Boo-Boo!

I am not a happy camper today. On Tuesday we had a blast. We went to Pinchot State Park for a picnic with Tibbs and Tibbsette. It was a fantastic afternoon. Yesterday I decided to go to Codorus State Park (on a date) so we could hike some of the trails around the lake. That turned out to be a bad decision. The walk was just fine... it's truly a beautiful area. It's what I found when I got back to Daphne that ruined the day.If you look at the map from the bottom up, I was parked in the little trail head lot by the second bridge (about the middle of the map). You can see a small dot by the cove.As I came around the back of the car to grab my purse out of the back end (where I had put it under the cargo cover), I saw the back window was smashed out. I looked in and realized the cargo cover was snapped open and my purse was missing. I couldn't believe it! I've never had anything like this happen in my entire life. I immediately called the police. While I was waiting for them to arrive I called the bank and then my insurance agent. When the police officer finally arrived (about 40 minutes after I called) he apologized about how long it took for him to get to me. Turns out he had been on another "smash and grab" call for a vehicle parked in another lot at Codorus. It goes without saying that I picked the wrong day to go to Codorus. Bummer.After 6+ hours of phone calls and running around, I started getting new ID's, my driver's license, a new wallet, date book, etc. Today I was able to get the back window replaced. Fortunately I had a zero deductible for comprehensive coverage. Yay! That was a good piece of news. Now I just hope that nothing identity wise goes wrong with the items that were stolen. I did file reports with everyone I should have, so I'm hoping it all works out in the long run.

On a positive note, I did enjoy my date... even though it ended on a bit of a sour note. We will be seeing one another again. After an "eventful" get together, I can honestly say I hope we don't have any more like this one. What can I say???? Another life lesson learned.

No comments: