Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, May 19, 2011

And The Music Plays On.....

Last evening Emile and I attended her last band banquet. I can't believe it. This was our fourth time attending... When I went to the first one her freshman year, I never imagined this last one would arrive SO quickly. Time is racing by now.The banquet was held at the Valencia Ballroom. What a beautiful place. The meal looked delicious, but I stuck with my shake and salad, which is all I'm eating these days. ☺ After the meal the awards were handed out, the senior tribute video was played, and a special tribute video to Mr Eyster was shown. After 34 years as West York's band director, he's retiring this year. Everyone gave him two standing ovations. As he said his final remarks, he became emotional. It was interesting to see how many students cried. There's no mistaking the fact that Mr Eyster could be a real hard nose when he wanted to be, however, he truly loved the music program and the students he taught. It was a really nice event.Emile with her first elementary school band director, Mr Meckley (on the left), and her high school band director, Mr Eyster.
Posted by Picasa
My wish for you, Emile, is that you always have music in your life. As you go forward, listen for the melody and try to stay where the sounds are gentle and pleasing. Avoid the pounding, troubling notes. Always, always seek those things which will bring you happiness and joy. I'm so pleased with all your hard work. I love you with all my heart. May your life's music play on for many, many years....

No comments: