Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Land I Love

With the 4th of July just a few hours away, I thought I'd take a few minutes to think about what it is about this nation that I love. There are times when I become frustrated and saddened by what I see going on with our elected officials, however, I still can't think of another country in which I'd want to live.
Click to enlarge image.

Here are just a few of the things which I am thankful for.
1. My freedom.... I am free to succeed or fail. I can move about when and where I wish. I can speak my mind. I can achieve happiness in whatever form that means. It's entirely up to me.
2. My religion... which I am free to choose. I can worship when and how I desire.
3. My home.
4. Educational opportunities available to me and my children.
5. Food which is readily available.
6. Friends and family I can turn to and rely upon when things get tough.
7. My children.. who I love dearly even though they think I'm unfair and really mean.
8. Employment opportunities which aid in my ability to provide for my family.
9. Those who serve and protect me on a daily basis.... such as, police, fire fighters, medical professionals, and military personnel.
10. A loving Heavenly Father... who has blessed this nation. He is the ultimate source of all the blessings which I have in my life each and every day.

I love The United States of America and everything I have because of living here. "God shed his grace on thee.... " What a special day were are about to celebrate.

No comments: