Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lesa's Last Days

Lesa is in the final stretch of a long and hard fought battle. She has been so strong for over 5 years now... and her body is finally shutting down. I've just come home from spending over 24 hours with her. She's in a state of fairly deep sleep and has been very peaceful since 6:30 this morning.We had a few precious minutes yesterday afternoon to say our "good-bye's." She was so weak that I had to put my ear to her lips to hear what she was saying... "I need to tell you something. I want you to know I love you... you really are my sister." I told her how much I loved her as well and let her know it was time for her to let go of her body so her spirit could move on. Lesa took my hand, put it on her heart, then covered it with both of her hands. We sat like that for a minute before she became short of breath and had to put her oxygen back on.

I'm so very grateful for the time I've had with Lesa. She has been such an example of faith and strength to me. Her countenance has radiated her absolute love for our Heavenly Father. Lesa has been a true and trusted friend to me. I know I will see her again... and to quote her, "We'll raise Hell in Heaven." I love this special daughter of God with all my heart. Rest well my friend.

2 comments:

Mary said...

This is so heartbreakingly sad.

Laura Lynn said...

So sorry for this. I'm sure she was thankful for your compassion.
I love her already - raising hell in heaven. Gotta love a gal like that!