Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, June 7, 2009

45 And Counting

This is one of the first pictures I have from my childhood. It was taken sometime in 1966 when I was 2 years old. Since I was adopted, I have no pictures before 66. Sorry it has the line attached. I couldn't figure out how to resize the pic to lose the line.And here I am today. WOO HOO! I'm thinking I look a little too weirded out about the cake.
Posted by Picasa
My sister, Cindy, had invited me and the girls over for dinner. She always remembers me. She made this beautiful and delicious cake. One question though. What's with the witches? I'm not so sure I'm good with witch candles. There were craters left when we removed the candles so Cindy re-smoothed the top. We played Conga (Cranium) and visited for awhile before we had to come home.

In addition to spending the evening with Cindy, we had already had dinner at CiCi's Pizza Buffet and went to see The Soloist at the theater. My sister, Teresa, sent me a $25.00 gift card to Michael's. I'll have a blast with that. I also received several cards and well wishes. It was a fun birthday. Thanks to all for making it a special day!!

6 comments:

Lucinda said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Brenda! I'm glad you got better just in time for your birthday. sounds like you had lots of fun. Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate!

Beckie said...

Happy, happy birthday! How fun. I love the witch candles. And I think your childhood picture is absolutely beautiful!

Sommer said...

What a cute little two year old you were!!!! I'm glad you had a happy birthday!

Cheri said...

Hey, nice pictures!! As usual, I wish I were in them too.

I like the candles, and glad you mentioned they are witches. Here I thought they were leprechauns turned amish.... or maybe Shrek pilgrims??? Love ya!!! (see what happens to your mind when you turn 50?)

Mary said...

Happy birthday and what a cute two year old you were. Love the little blond hair.

Ang said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it! I'll have to make it up to you. Sounds like you had a great girls night though! I also think your 2 yr. old picture is so adorable! That was only 43 years ago!