Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, October 24, 2008

Nature's Going to Bed

My favorite season of the year is upon us. It's such a beautiful time to rejoice in the summer we enjoyed and look to the upcoming holidays and winter.Farmers start bringing in the hay.... dried cornstalks appear everywhere.This year I saw several fields of sunflowers. They were so pretty to watch as they swayed in the breeze.And who can resist a visit to the pumpkin stands?

Yes there is something truly special about this time of the year. As the days get shorter we seem to reflect on what is most important in our lives... at least I do. I'm thankful for the beauty of the earth... of the bounty it provides for us. I'm thankful for my family, for my home, for my employment... for all the things I have. Most of all, I'm thankful for the knowledge I have that as nature goes to bed for the winter, it will awaken in the spring and renew itself again. Our loving Father has truly blessed us.


1 comment:

Candace said...

I miss all that!! Thanks for the pics! I love this season too. It's great.