Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Battle Lost

For those of you who may not have heard, Randy Pausch, author of "The Last Lecture" lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer. He passed away yesterday, July 25th at the young age of 47.If you didn't get a chance to read the book, do so. It's great! Randy reminds us of how important the journey is... not how long it is. His story is truly inspiring. I'm certain prayers offered on behalf of his wife and children won't hurt... especially at this sad time for them. In spite of everything though, Randy left behind a rich legacy for his children to reflect on and a terrific example of how they should conduct themselves when faced with HUGE challenges. Continue on your "new" journey Randy... this one is complete.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It just so happened that the day I learned of his death I visited Olivia's House which helps kids deal w/ loss for possible volunteer work.. I thought that was pretty ironic! What a positive man! He reeally opened my eyes.. joking to the very end! I still want to read his book.