Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, March 6, 2008

MY BAD :((

Golly, I can't believe it's been a month since I blogged last. I've been on a few times, I just didn't take the time to put anything on again lately. My Bad!! There's so much to share... here we go.

1. Employment Status: I'm sorry to report that I no longer work at Heritage Senior Center. It's actually with a sad heart that I share this because of the fact I truly started out knowing I could do the job of Program Coordinator, and was enjoying it in the beginning. As time progressed, however, my hands became more and more tied and I wasn't permitted to do the job I was hired to do. We've all encountered what we call a "micro manager" and for the first time in my adult life, I finally met mine. I couldn't do anything without getting permission first. My ideas were met with criticism and more often than not I was told "no." As long as I remained a "yes" person I was fine. When I started trying to stand up for myself, or point out obvious concerns, I was labeled as negative. It was terribly frustrating and counterproductive. I resigned last month, having only lasted 4 months. That's the shortest amount of time I've ever had a position. I did learn some valuable lessons, gained some wonderful friends (my seniors) and have some great memories. I don't regret having taken the position as it was a chance for me to grow and develop some new talents.... even though they were of little use there. Some day they will come in handy again.

2. Emile: I positively LOVE this picture of Em. She (of course) hates it. Even though it looks as if it was taken around Christmas, it wasn't. Due to a winter storm in December, the Holiday Concert had to be postponed until January. It was a great concert and really did put you in the mood for the holidays. Too bad they had already passed. The entire band and choir did a fantastic job and the decorations were festive.Em continues to do well in school and was on the Honor Roll for the first semester of her Freshman year. I'm so pleased with how far she's come this year. She tried out (but didn't make it) for soccer. I believe she would have made the team had she been on top of the required paper work (physical forms). Not making the team was a hard lesson for Emile. She really wanted this and was very disappointed when she talked to the coach. Hard work doesn't just take place on the field, does it?! There's always next year. If she wants it bad enough she'll achieve it then.

Brie: All I can say is...... Brie's been a tad bit "strange" lately. I'm not sure if it's something she ingested or what. I can't quite seem to pin down exactly what's going on in her life.I took her to the doctor but he seems to think it's just a phase she's going through and she'll out grow it soon. I'm not so sure about that.As time passes the symptoms get more disturbing. It's horrifying to witness this metamorphosis.I just know I want my little Brie Brie back.... soon.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA......HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHH..AHAHAHAHHAHA......HAHAHAHA
Obviously this was all for fun. Brie is doing fine. These are several of the pictures of different hairstyles for various "spirit" days and events at school or out and about.

So all in all, we're just fine. More to come soon.

No comments: