Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, October 28, 2007

All Aboard

My first official trip with the "seniors" from Heritage was to the Gettysburg Railroad. The train goes backward up to Biglersville, then comes back forward to Gettysburg. The ride was a total of an hour and a half and there were 21 of us having lunch in the dining car. It was a fun outing. I found it very cozy.We had a very knowledgeable and friendly guide who shared many details and interesting stories about the area.

I had a great time, although I did get motion sick on the bus over and coming "back" to Gettysburg because I was in the backward side of the seat. All in all it was nice though. My next outing that I go on is to Willow Valley for lunch followed by American Music Theatre in Lancaster for the Christmas 2007 Show. I can't wait for that one. It should be a really nice trip. More details to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. :-) I got your message Brenda. Sorry I missed seeing you when you dropped by. I've been thinking of you. I just need your email address and then I can add you to my "allowed readers" list. Sorry for the high security on my blog. I had a ton of people that I didn't know visiting my blog and it started to scary me with having my babies on it. My email: jessashton@comcast.net

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun trip with a lot of good pictures.
I especially like the picture from inside the train...can't you imagine reading Harry Potter while riding? :D