Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Did I Mention?

Let me begin by saying that I realize it's already the first day of 2014. In spite of that I felt it was important to share some of the details of this past Christmas season. I love Christmas and I always feel a bit of sadness when I have to say "goodbye" to the season. When I look back on past years posts, I find happiness in the memories I recall. Such will be the case with this post.
Some of the "simple pleasures" of the holiday season included making cookies and decorating gingerbread houses. One evening, Brie, Braxton, and I, made chocolate chip, oatmeal tassies, peanut butter kiss, and sugar cookies. It was so much fun... and the house smelled super yummy. Brie decorated her own gingerbread house, and Emile and Wes made a little gingerbread village. 
Christmas morning was different for our little family this year. Instead of we three ladies opening gifts together, we were each joined by the special men in our lives. If you take note, you will see six stockings (plus Samantha's) hung with care. It was wonderful sharing the excitement of Christmas with Wesley, Braxton, and Pablo. Who knows, maybe there will be many more years spent together for all of us
Christmas evening, after Emile and Brie had left to celebrate the holiday with their boyfriend's families, Pablo and I went out to look at Christmas lights. It's the first time I did something like that on Christmas. I must admit, it was a lot of fun. The night was quiet, peaceful, and very relaxing. I think it's something I would enjoy doing again. Maybe I've stumbled upon a new tradition!
As the girls are getting older, I realize that within a few more years there will be more and more changes taking place. Emile and Brie are going to find men to share their lives with. I'm sure I will do the same. Grandchildren will come along and bring an entirely new form of joy. But for now, I am grateful for the happiness that I felt as we all spent another Christmas together.

No comments: