Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Em & Lesa's Bond

As some of you know, Emile has a tattoo on her left shoulder blade. It's the name, date of birth and death, and a tiny heart between. It is in memory of Charlie, a very special friend (and father figure) of hers. She now has a second tattoo. This one is on the inside of her left arm, just above the wrist. While many do not agree with getting a tattoo, this is Emile's choice, not mine or anyone else's. She and Lesa talked about it before Lesa passed away last May. They decided together what Em would do. And here it is....
Click on image to enlarge.
Emile actually got the tattoo on Lesa's birthday, Feb. 11th. Ironically she went to a tattoo shop just across the street from the funeral home where Lesa's body was prepared for burial. I cried. It was a tough memory as emotions are still raw at times.

Like it or not, I personally think it is beautiful. I know the reason it's there and I'm glad it brings some measure of comfort to Emile. I love my daughter with all my heart. I know Lesa does too.

No comments: