Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

BLT Reunion Weekend

This past weekend was the BLT Reunion (Brenda, Lucinda & Teresa).... minus the "B." This was the fifth year the reunion was held and the third in which the family met in Virginia Beach. Due to a variety of reasons my family didn't attend. I struggled with the decision to go or not for an entire year... since the last morning of last years reunion. The final decision was due to the economy and my lack of money. One has to pick and choose. Do I attend a reunion and spend that much money (lodging, gas, food, boarding the dog, lost wages, etc.) or continue working and keep a roof over our head? I had to choose the latter. Perhaps someday money won't be as much of an issue as it is right now. We'll see.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You and the girls were missed! Good news, though, next years reunion will be held here in York. We will just have a potluck at a park or something. We decided it would be best, for everyone, to be more frugal next year, but most importantly, we all wanted to be together. :D

Ang said...

It is so hard when money (or lack thereof) has to decide for us what we are able to do. Good for you in making a good choice-doesn't it feel good in the end? We've had to make similar choices at times and I hate it, but not having money for my kids to eat is much scarier. As the economy crumbles, the reality of actually not having food on the table is something I've started to think about. We've been praying for help with our finances lately and I feel that as we make the right choices, we will be blessed with what we need.
We love you in York!

Mary said...

Didn't know you blogged. Found your's from Anya's. Love and miss your daughter babysitting. You guys are the best.