Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Life Lesson # 72,683


Ok, so I'm a VERY slow learner... but at least I FINALLY do catch on. Here's the story. I'm working very hard at getting myself in a better financial place.. as most of us are. I made a decision 2 weeks ago that will have a significant impact on my life for the better. Again, keep in mind I'm a slow learner.

Remember my car... the one I loved so much... yeah, the Malibu Maxx????One shouldn't "love" a car. I LOVE my children. I LOVE my sisters and brother. I LOVE some dear friends I have. I LOVE the gospel. I finally figured out I didn't "love" my car enough to continue struggling to make the car payment. (See the above comment on slow learner).

My brother-in-law saw my plight, and unfortunately, last Oct. his brother, Steve, had been killed in a freak accident. While cutting down trees at his girlfriend's home, one fell on him, leaving him with massive head trauma. He passed away while being prepped for the life-flight transport to the trauma facility here in York. As the executor of the estate, Keith decided to help me with my goal of becoming my financial stable (with the approval of his family). Steve had several vehicles, one of which was a 1996 Ford Windstar van. The Coy family generously agreed to give me the van.What a blessing this is. The van runs just fine. It's in very good shape in and out. Plus it's nice because of hauling kids and friends places (band, theatre, youth activities, etc... you get the idea). Here's the kicker, just the day before Keith told me about the van, I had contacted GMAC to tell them I was going to return the Maxx. I had until the 21st to do so and was calling around looking for a "cheap" car. Keith and Cindy brought the van over on the 19th. I took the Maxx back on the 20th and Keith and I did the title transfer on the 21st. How cool is that?! I couldn't believe what was happening. Well actually I could, but it still amazes me how blessings come when you least expect them. Isn't faith a wonderful thing!!! I'm so greatful I have a loving Heavenly Father who is ALWAYS mindful of me. He's ALWAYS watching out for me and blessing me in ways I haven't even started to figure out. Thank you so much Keith and the entire Coy family for your willingness to help me as I strive to do what's best for my family. It's truly TRULY appreciated. I Love You!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Leaps of faith are always hard to take. I'm so happy that the car situation is working out for you! Sometimes horrible experiences can be a blessing in disguise.
We love ya!

Anonymous said...

Very cool