Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Marching Band

It's official. Emile is a member of the West York Area High School "Bulldogs" Marching Band! Well almost anyway. Let me explain. This coming Sunday the band leaves for Maryland for a week of band camp. Monday is "Rookie Day." As you may have guessed, that's the day when the Freshman go through initiation.... that's when she will be truly official. Em's excited and nervous at the same time. I know she'll do just fine.
Tonight the band had pictures taken for the yearbook... and the beginning of the season. This isn't the best pic, but you get the drift. Emile is in the second row back from the drums, right side, second person in. Again, not the best but she's there.

With temps in the 80's and humdity and dew points off the chart too, you can imagine how glad the kids were to be done with pics. Here is Em's clarinet section after their pics... followed immediately by Em doing her "strip show" for me. Ok, not really. It was all G-rated.

"Get me out of this thing!!!"

And finally... one of Emile's many friends, Laura... who's also in her section. Don't they just look great together?


Best of luck Emile... and the entire band... and the West York Bulldogs! Hope you make many memories. Remember, these are the best years of your life. Enjoy them while they last.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Brenda,
Make sure you tell Em how proud I am of her! I love reading your blog since we dont seem to be able to keep in touch real well :( (sorry)
Love Ya,
Jane

Jamie said...

I think it just hit me that Emile is starting high school! Wow. Good job, Emile. I'm so happy that you are in the band. Being involved with extra-curricular activities helps make high school so much more fun.

We Three Queens said...

Hey Jane... I know, it's weird how we have such a hard time staying in touch.. especially since we live SOOOOO far apart... hahahaha. Thanks a bunch for all the support. I'm glad to know you "follow" us through the blog. Thats one of the reasons why I love doing it. Just for the record, the comment just below yours from my neice Jamie... she's the reason I blog. I give her full credit. She got me into blogging and scrapbooking (she's been a good influence on me in some areas.. just don't tell her). Hope to see you guys soon. Tell everyone "HI" for me. Love Ya...