Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mary and Christ



One of my most favorite Christmas songs is "Mary Did You Know?" I'm not sure who wrote it but the message is so touching. I can't help but think of Mary and the birth of Jesus Christ without wondering what she really knew, or didn't know. Did she indeed know he was the Savior of the world? Did she have any idea of the miracles he would perform? I can't imagine she truly understood the magnitude of the suffering her precious Son would have to indure at the very hands of those he had come to earth to redeem. When she stroked his cheek or brought him to her breast could she begin to comprehend that he was the King of Kings? At times throughout my life I've questioned my role as a woman and particularly now as a mother. Am I even remotely as loving a mother as Mary was? Certainly she was most blessed to have been the mother of the Savior... of having the priviledge of bringing God's Son to earth. I can only begin to imagine how wonderful she must have been, as well as the strength she had to be able to see her Son through the challenges mortality brought. I'm ever thankful for her. And at this special time of the year, I'm greatful for my elder brother and Savior, even Jesus the Christ. Without His birth, atonement, death and resurrection, my life would be hopeless. I would have nothing. May we all keep His mission in our hearts and minds this holiday season. Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a nice post. That is my mom's favorite Christmas song, too. It definitely puts the real reason for the season into our hearts. Merry Christmas!