Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Better Late Than Never????

A few posts back I mentioned that I had gotten married... a very brief mention at that. I suppose I really should share more details since it was a very special day
A little about Matthew before I continue. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of my sweet husband is just that... what a truly sweet and gentle man he is. He has showed me, Emile, and Brie kindness and generosity in more ways than I can describe. In spite of all the love he shows us he asks for nothing in return. Well, I suppose the only thing he asks for is our love... which he has.

Matthew and I were married in York, PA at the local chapel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Saturday, January 31, 2015. President Conrad Knudson. Since it was obviously held in the middle of winter, we decided on a winter. Our colors were burgundy, blue, and silver, with lots of snowflakes. I had so many friends who stepped up to help me get everything ready... plus I hit every Dollar General in the York and Spring Grove area to buy inexpensive supplies. I even had tree branches cut and mounted to wood bases to use around the room.
I was honestly surprised at how many people shared in our special day. We didn't have enough seats in the primary room for the actual wedding ceremony. The guests jumped in and put out more chairs so everyone could be seated. It was wonderful!
It's hard to explain how loved I felt. Little Braxton was our ring bearer and Isla was our snowflake girl (although she forgot to drop a single flake). While a string quartet played for us, Emile and Brie walked me in and handed me off to my little buddy, Will, who gave me away. Matt's sons, Sean and Jeremy, stood with him. All of them touched my heart and the entire service made me cry.

Along with some humor, President Knudson shared wisdom and advice for us to apply in our marriage. He has been our family doctor as well as church leader for many years. It was comforting having someone who has known me be the one to perform our marriage vows. I can't think of anyone I would have rather had. Brie recited a poem before Matt and I shared some personal thoughts we had.
 

After the ceremony we had a reception in the gym. We decided to serve "comfort foods"... chicken corn soup, chili, and loaded potato soup, rolls, fresh vegetables and dip, chips and pretzels. We also had a "Hot Cocoa Bar" with all the fixins' and apple cider. Carmen Estes made our BEAUTIFUL cake and Brie made all the cupcakes. Again, everything was just as I pictured it.... positively perfect!


Even though we have been married almost 2 years now, I am still so thankful for everyone who helped make our wedding the incredibly memorable and enjoyable day it was. I can't imagine it being any better.... from start to finish.

We're off to great places......

No comments: