Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Miracles Do Happen

For my friends who follow me on Facebook, you are aware of the accident that occurred involving my former bishop (actually we were a branch, not a ward at the time), Ed Miller. After all that has taken place since the beginning, I felt strongly compelled to record these events. They are truly amazing.On Dec. 9, 2011 Lisa, Bishop Miller's daughter, posted this picture and message... "A gas can blew up in his hands. He was on fire from his stomach up, I got the fire out, but not before it burned his face. 2nd degree burns, major tissue damage. He is at st. Likes (St. Lukes) hospital in phx (Phoenix). 1st surgery at 930 this morning. All prayers appreciated." Lisa and her dad are masons and were working together the day of the accident.Throughout the next several days, Lisa continued to provide updates on Bishop Miller's status.... "The burns are severe second degree with a lot of tissue damage. He his having his first surgery this morning (Friday), with more to follow. He will be ok, but a long painful recovery. Skin grafts from cadavers will be used. He burned his whole face. Thanks for the prayers."... "Dad says 'I'm fine'."... "Thanks to everyone who has said a prayer for my dad and for all the well wishes. I just got home from a long weekend in Phoenix. They took the bandages off dad this morning. The cadaver skin they used for the first graft was from a black person, so he's not quite looking like himself (we have to joke about that one) :) The Doctor was amazed at how well everything looked. Also, at the great positive attitude that my dad has (yup he's amazing that way). On Tuesday they will remove the cadaver skin and we will then know if his skin is regrowing (this is what we all need to be praying for), if this happens he will not need another graft. If not, they will take skin from his scalp and possibly his thigh. Some spots could need it, where others do not. Either way, it will be a long recovery. Thanks again, and please continue to keep him in your prayers :)"

People all over the place began praying for this wonderful man. I cannot tell you what an impact he made in my life. I will love him forever. He was an anchor for me when I was in my teens. My life was a mess. I was truly struggling and hanging on by a thread. He and Sister Miller were always there for me. I was devastated when I heard that he had been burnt so badly. Needless to say I was praying for him as well.

On Dec. 13th Lisa posted this..."My dad leaving the hospital today!!"I was completely stunned. After only 6 days, Bishop Miller was well enough to go home! This was remarkable... and miraculous. It only gets better from here. On Dec. 24th Lisa posted.."My dad, today. Miracle!"I would have to agree 100%. From Dec. 8 to the 24th? Pretty amazing in my book. The most recent picture posted was on Jan. 6, 2012. Bishop Miller looking just like I remember him. As handsome and cheerful as ever!In less than a month a great majority of healing has already taken place. Faith, prayer, and priesthood blessings played a major role in this miracle. The fact that Bishop Miller is an upbeat and loving man didn't hurt either. I know some of my friends were praying for him as well. Thank you. I'm sure they are part of why this has happened the way it has. What a testament this has been for me. Miracles are still happening. Truly....

No comments: