Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, September 12, 2011

Paging Noah

I-83. Southbound between Rt. 30 and the Market St. exit.

WE NEED SOME HELP FROM NOAH!!! I need some pointers on how to build an arc. You think I'm kidding, right? I'm not. I really do need his help at the moment. Many of us here in central Pennsylvania do. It's flooding... I mean BIG TIME flooding! The rain began last Wednesday (the 7th) and we've really been hit hard.This is just one of many examples of how much water we've received in our area.I normally take this road (College St. or as locals call it, "Dog Town Road") to work and back. Wrongo! Obviously I wasn't getting through here at all.This is Market St. and I-83 just north of Memorial Hospital. Crazy.And here we see Poplars just at the Green Valley Pool. This is where Brie spent hours swimming with all her friends from school this past summer.Codorus "Creek" running VERY high through downtown York. Normally the creek runs a good 15 feet lower than this.This is one of my favorite pictures. For some reason this shot totally fascinates me.Hershey Park under water. Bummer! So much for Hershey Park "happy."Sherman St. So much for "turn around, don't drown." What a moron!Pizza Hut in Hershey, PA. I don't think they'll be making deliveries for a little while.This is the Sheetz where we always stop on our way home from Hershey Park. Take notice to the fast food joints in front and to the side of Sheetz. We had insane amounts of rain fall.

Thankfully the rain has finally stopped (at least the heavy deluge we had last week). We had some minor issues with the house. We had water in the basement, my bedroom, and the kitchen. The rain was so heavy that there was no way to keep ahead of it. Compared to others, we got off easy. There were over a dozen deaths due to the flooding. At Zoo America in Hershey Park, two water buffalo had to be euthanized rather than have them drown. Additionally, there were several dogs in the area that did drown. So sad. I've honestly never seen flooding like we had here. I'm in no hurry to ever see it again. Once in a lifetime is more than enough for me. Now all we have to do is dry out, clean up, and move on to bright, sunny days.

No comments: