Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

What do you get when you mix rain with.....a water bottle (which happens to get stuck under the brake peddle of your vehicle), while you're driving on.....roads with a light coating of gas and oil... mixing with the rain of course????
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
YOU GUESSED IT.... A VAN SLIDING INTO A UTILITY POLE. Yeppers, Emile wrecked the van yesterday. Obviously it wasn't the huge water bottle pictured above (it was a regular size one that had rolled out of her purse)... but the result was still the same. We'll know by Monday if the van is going to be totaled. I'd be surprised if it's not. The van is much worse than the pics make it look.

Emile is physically doing ok. She did have airbag burns on her arms and right cheek, a bruise and swelling on her left arm below her elbow and her neck and back are really tight and sore today. I took her to see Dr. K. and she's going to see the chiropractor tomorrow afternoon. At least she's alive!! I never want to get a phone call like the one when she called me yesterday, ever again. What a helpless feeling I had. Vehicles can be replaced.... my child cannot.So goodbye my trusty Ford Windstar van. You have served us well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! That is scary!!! I'm glad it was not worse. Hugs to you all.

Sommer said...

Oh.My. Gosh!!!! How scary! Wow! I'm so so glad that she is fine and healthy. Wow, the van looks bad! Angels were for sure protecting her.

Ashley said...

Scary! I'm glad that Emile is okay. How does she feel about driving again? I can't believe a water bottle caused all of that. I have had a few scares with Bennett's toys rolling under the seat when I'm driving. I'm glad that Emile is okay!