Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby, It's COLD Outside

One of my favorite songs that is played during the holiday season is Baby, It's Cold Outside by Frank Loesser. The song is based on a conversation between a man and a woman... she's suggesting it's time for her to go home, he's trying to get her to stay. The weather we've been dealing with the past week or so has reminded me of this song... in more ways than one.
Can you say "POLAR VORTEX" once or twice? I sure can. In fact, so can a whole lot of other people in the United States. We have been dealing with the coldest temperatures on record in the past 25 years or more. And when I say cold, I mean bone chilling cold.
It has been so cold that schools were cancelled. Administrators were worried about students waiting for buses in sub zero temps. I don't remember when it's been this cold. I hate to think about how much heating oil I'm going through. It's crazy.
How cold is cold? This is a picture of Niagara Falls, taken from the American side. Yes, you are correct it you think the falls are frozen. This may sound stupid of me, but I didn't realize the falls could freeze. Not with the volume of water that falls. Obviously, I was wrong.
This is what a frozen water fall looks like. Amazing. Simply amazing. I don't know what the rest of the winter has in store for us, but I sincerely hope it's not these frigid temperatures. Baby, it's BRUTAL outside.

No comments: